Everyone Needs a Break from the Sun...Maui's Popular Indoor Activities
Maui's amazing weather makes it the perfect spot for outdoor activities. A quick glance at TripAdvisor shows a choice of 412 Maui activities to choose from. Whether it's laying on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, diving, surfing, paddling, hiking, or shopping, you can't beat the outdoor fun you can have on your visit to Maui!
Nearly everyone who comes to Maui needs at least a short break from the sun. What if you're looking for an indoor air-conditioned activity that is out of the sun? Out of TripAdvisor's 412 listed activities, only about 50 are indoors and 40 of these are massage businesses or wellness spas. Here's our top 5 picks for indoor Maui activities:
1) Warren and Annabelles This magic/comedy show is our favorite! We bring out-of-town guests here all the time and even though I've been 7 times, I still enjoy it each time. I laugh so hard my jaw hurts the next day! Clever humor combined with great close-up magic make this a 'must-do' Maui activity. Located in Lahaina at 900 Front St. You must be 21 or over to attend.
2) Burn'n Love You might ask yourself, "Who comes to Maui to watch an Elvis impersonator show?" The answer is, "You Should!". Located in the Lahaina at the Maui Theatre, Darren Lee puts on an impressive show that brings Elvis back to life. Rated the #1 attraction on Maui by TripAdvisor, this show does not disappoint and you'll probably be humming Elvis tunes the rest of your stay.
3) Ulalena Also located in Lahaina at the Maui Theatre, this show brings alive the history of Maui. Between the acting, dancing, acrobatics, and wonderful music, it's literally a feast for the senses! It's kid-friendly too, so it's a perfect family activity!
4) Island Art Party What's an art party? It's where an instructor teaches you to paint a beautiful picture while you enjoy a glass of wine and awesome party music. You don't need any experience and you will surprise yourself as you bring out your 'inner artist'. Ages 8 and up welcome at morning and afternoon classes and ages 16 and up at evening classes. Located in Kihei at the Azeka Mauka Shopping Center.
5) AromaStone Wailea Massage There's so many spas on Maui, but we wanted to list our favorite...AromaStone Wailea Massage. You'll get a great massage for 2/3 the price of the luxury hotels and it will be better! The owner, Gail, is friendly and has a warm, aloha spirit. Her hot stone therapy is amazing. Located in Wailea at the Wailea Town Center, 161 Wailea Ike Place.
If you have favorite indoor activities of your own, please let us know and we can check them out and mention them in future posts! Mahalo